When I felt when I saw The first pictures ... was in 2007 and it was love at first sight. Not sure what it was, had not a clue. There seems to be a long time since that night I lay awake looking at pictures at Flickr . At that time there were tutorials on Youtube , and blogs appeared some how to with step by step (in English ...) which they named everyday materials and these latitudes ... not by them. This slow discover
led me to fall in love more and more fiber, the work of kneading, the effect of silk in the nuno , the magic of dyes in the wool, the mixture of textures on the desk. And there's more: the felt has another magic, to be like a mirror, working, seeing the finished piece, tells us more about ourselves than the piece itself. And you're whole life discovering. Every hand works differently, at different times, each person gets the same instrument run different music.
As fate would put me in a privileged : Every week I stand up next to a workbench in which each of my students, friends and confidants, dump all their creativity, and I witnessed the miracle.
is that the wool-like protein, is usually tell, as our skin. And that affinity with the material is ancient, precedes us in time. Upon discovering I felt connected to those who knew mankind for millennia: all is one. And I see my students come to the truth each week. For these latitudes
felt landed ... or is willing to do so. I think it is valid, and will always, find a way of expression, another means to express our identity (individual or collective). Imitations are useless, they lose grace even in the work process to stop being creative. Important media, not just the end ... (this aspect could deepen, and pretty). It is important to practice, experience, hours contact with the material, observation, patience and perseverance (as everything in life). The felt is for everyone, and everyone. Let it be.
0 comments:
Post a Comment