Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Miss My Grandma Poems



Tableware my grandmothers on aluminum shelf

For some time I noticed that the trend in decorating is the "merger" the eclectic mix of styles, where industrial design can live with the craft, the modern with the vintage, creating a new scenario yet warm.
We're moving away from the cold and transmitting the minimalism, where little by little it was integrating the grandfather chair reupholstered with the findings in a fair American, or a woolen blanket handmade gained in the provinces ... How could leave out of our atmosphere objects that give rise to such feelings of just watch them?
A clear example of this trend can be seen in two of the blogs I visit daily: Aesthetic Outburst
belongs, first, a couple of collectors vintage objects, from his home showing how these findings are integrated nicely with the decor. They can also be updates on painting, sculpture and ceramics (among other disciplines), chosen subjectively by the author of the blog. Sfgirlbybay In
find a large window to reflect current trends, portrayed by a girl from San Francisco, which runs through the streets linking content, and linking the new with the old, vintage futuristic industrial design.
In the case of Argentina, I was very pleasantly surprised to find Barzón magazine, which talks about this trend from a year ago. It is 4 issues per year (one for each season), loaded with meaning and content, interviews with artists, decorators, architects and more representatives of the arts, mostly Argentine and Latin American. Finally a magazine that I really hope Argentina!
Those who live in Buenos Aires, will soon have the opportunity to visit the first edition of an exhibition which I believe will be talking about: Kontrast Concept (12 to June 16 in Costa Salguero), Argentina's leading design show and Argentine design handmade, for the first time in one place (here the web site exposure).
I personally love this trend (Which for me is not trendy, but lifestyle I adopted years ago). I think it allows more creativity and play when choosing which items will be content and background of our daily lives (as well as appliances that streamline our work giving us more free time:). Involves an assessment of past and journey to this present assessment also of craft production on which we take a new look to actively integrate into our daily life.
not find anything ... and in the manifesto of the Bauhaus (1919) spoke of "breaking down the barriers that divide "..." art craft and manual labor work industrial "...

0 comments:

Post a Comment